"Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood."
Ralph Waldo Emerson


Monday, April 11, 2011

It's been a while..


It's been some time since I've updated this. However, during this time, not only did I try my best to remember my own advice, others too sought for more tips. It makes me more than happy to see that people find use in what I post.

People have asked me why do I even do this and why I've stopped . I started this because I wanted change.  I've grown up with great role models who have tried countless times to pummel in certain characteristics and reminders to help shape me to whom I am today. But just like everybody else, we have times where we forget and lose focus. There is so much to learn everyday and it can be hard to remember them all. The things I post are lessons I believe to be either influential and hopefully even inspirational.  This site originally was suppose to be shown to only a few, but I'm glad to see even the most random acquaintances showing appreciation.

I stopped because I was going through a rough time, had lots to study for and lots on my mind. At one point I even questioned why am I doing this. I "know" what I need to do but I didn't remember, and the only way to achieve something is to be consistent and persistent. What exactly am I trying to achieve? Just to show myself and others that each person has a great life and show appreciation to what you do have, rather than what you don't. You can have a bad day, but that doesn't mean good things still couldn't have happened.

I found this article from using Stumbleupon.com and I'm sure it will make you appreciate even the very littlest things in your life. Have a great day!


The head of a company survived 9/11 because

His son started kindergarten.



Another fellow was alive because it was
His turn to bring donuts.



One woman was late because her
Alarm clock didn’t go off in time.



One was late because of being stuck on the NJ Turnpike
Because of an auto accident.



One of them
Missed his bus.



One spilled food on her clothes and had to take
Time to change.



One’s
Car wouldn’t start.



One couldn’t
Get a taxi.



The one that struck me was the man
Who put on a new pair of shoes that morning,
Took the various means to get to work but before.
He got there, he developed a blister on his foot.
He stopped at a drugstore to buy a Band-Aid.
That is why he is alive today..



Now when I am
Stuck in traffic,
Miss an elevator,
Turn back to answer a ringing telephone…
All the little things that annoy me,
I think to myself,



This is exactly where
I’m meant to be
At this very moment

No comments:

Post a Comment